Calibration of pipettes
Quality Audit Preparation
Calibration of Pipettes
- Blood bank staff BMS or MLA
- Blood Transfusion Co-ordinator
- Pathology Quality Services Manager
- Does it have a title?
- Does it have a unique identifier?
- Does it have a revision number?
- Does it have a date of implementation?
- Does it have a review date and has the SOP been regularly reviewed?
- Is the author identified?
- Has it been authorised by an appropriate member of staff?
- Are the number of copies and their locations identified?
- Is the history page up to date?
- Is there evidence that staff have signed and dated they have read and understood the SOP?
- Are there COSHH and risk assessments if relevant?
Additional Evidence required:
- Are there training and competency assessments for the member of staff performing the calibration?
- Has the member of staff signed that they have read the current version of the SOP?
- Is any other equipment used i.e. balances been calibrated to UKAS standards
- Observation of the member of staff undertaking the calibration process in real time
- Question the member of staff in relation to actions required if the calibration fails in relation to the following information
- Is the correct documentation completed
- Action plan in event of failure
- Review of action plan and completion