Crossmatching / e-issue
Quality Audit Preparation
Crossmatching and electronic issue
Blood Bank - laboratory area
Any qualified (competency assessed) BMS working in blood bank, including on-call BMS staff.
Is the SOP for the process:-
- Specific for the process ie Liss tube / Diamed / Emergency / high-risk / EI
- In date
- Appropriately signed & authorised by an authorised signatory
- Complete equipment checklist
- Official copy
- Links to COSHH / Risk Assessments / other SOP’s
- Regularly reviewed
Additional Evidence required:
- Training Records (including record of WASPS) / competency assessments including competency of trainers
- Document control
- QC records
- Specimen acceptance criteria
- Knowledge assessment
- Objective evidence
- Quality improvement suggestions
- General housekeeping of the area.
- Records for fridges (reagent, sample, stock & issue), pipettes, centrifuges, FFP thawers and incubators
- Temperature monitoring
- Temperature mapping
- Alarms formerly tested.
- Reagent logs.
- Evidence of stock rotation – reagents and blood (first in/first out)
- Disposal of out of date blood components