Incident reporting - Quality Incident Reporting
Quality Audit Preparation
Quality Incident Reporting
Blood Transfusion Laboratory
Blood Transfusion Care Pathway
- Blood Bank Staff (BMS/BSW under supervision)
- Transfusion Practitioner
SOP Review is it:
- Readily located?
- In correct Trust format?
- In date?
- Fully signed/approved?
- Master or Copy?
- Is there evidence of regular review?
- Is the document complete with all appendicies?
- Is a risk assessment attached?
- Has the document been equality assessed?
Additional Evidence required:
- Document control - If copies have been issued, can they be traced?
- Are any copies correct/current?
- Evidence of training & awareness?
- Availability of incident records
- Evidence of review
- Availability of IR1’s
- Staff awareness of process
- Awareness of SABRE
- What constitutes an incident?
- Availability of “Incident forms” for reporting
- Is the process evident in the laboratory (Posters/notices)
- Have implementers had Root cause analysis training?
- Who is the SABRE reporter?
- Can they demonstrate SABRE access & evidence of reports?
- Are Telephone logs in regular & accurate use?
- Evidence of SHOT reporting & near misses
- Are incidents appropriately investigated?
- Are incidents escalated through the Trust process?
- Review of the Departmental Risk register